ESW10JPN on eBay: real or fake?
Nov 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

fraqture

New Head-Fier
Nov 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 13
Id say yes they are real, but your guess is as good as mine. remember, you are getting someones customer return. Hopefully you get one that wasnt returned for a good reason. Also, Id check the feedback which will let you know if they are easy to deal with or not.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 13
Condition: in leather pouch, repackaged in box
Items are in BRAND NEW condition, but they are returns from wholesale customers' order that no longer comes with any retail package. Price is much less, but quality is guaranteed. Limited in quantity.

LOL

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 13
I was about to say they're real...until I saw that they came with a leather pouch.

They don't. It's kind of a velvet pouch.

It's also hard to tell if "Right" is raised or not, because it's supposed to be.

I dunno man...That price is way too good. I'd stay away.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 13
Besides the leather pouch, the other big indicator is in the lacquer on the cups.

The real thing is a bit lighter on the edges. You can see this is not the case with the cups in the pic with the leather pouch.

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 13
Right, I think it's obvious to me now that I should stay away from these. Damn shame that these babies are so difficult to get nowadays (and for a reasonable price!)

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsenfw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's a good price and you don't care about retail box, it might be worth the risk. The seller has pretty much flawless feedback with 454 transactions.

nice try ebay scammer!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsenfw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's a good price and you don't care about retail box, it might be worth the risk. The seller has pretty much flawless feedback with 454 transactions.

LOL. We now know who's selling it
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 13
Oh c'mon! They're using the same pics from the Beltal wholesale site.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh c'mon! They're using the same pics from the Beltal wholesale site.

I agree there's something not right about the pictures, they look like they've been half inch and doctored to make the listing look good.

The feedback doesn't show that this seller has any experience in selling headphones, and to let him off the hook (so to speak) the seller probably can't identify a pair of fakes anyway ... but that's another reason why i wouldn't buy these.

punkaroo and Joelby have obviously got experience with these and you'd everyone would do well to listen to them!

it's nice to find a good price deal, it's better to get the real thing i think. they are stunning looking things though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back