ESW10 - portable amp, re-cable or do nothing
Jan 29, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #16 of 33
My first ever ipod was the 3G 64GB Touch and I was super impressed with the sound out of the LOD and not using any of the different EQ's. I would just use the ESW10's out of the ipod until the mood strikes you that you want more. LOL.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #18 of 33
I've tried my ESW9s through a variety of sources dac/amps, desktop amps, portables, and they are the only headphones I own that sound best straight out of my surround receiver's headphone out...

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #19 of 33
My ESW10s sound great from the iPod Touch. I use an amp from time to time, but there is only some mild improvement in the bass with it vs. unamped. Usually though, I use the UE-10pros when travelling by plane, and the bass is much better amped with these. Short trips though Touch with only the IEMs for simplicity, and pocketability.

I find that using the Predator DAC/AMP usb from my MacBookPro gives a lot of improvement over the Mac audio out.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 33
I have to agree my Pro seems to clip every now and then despite giving a much 'fuller' sound over the iPhone which doesn't but then its not as rich sounding hence the crazy suggestion of the 'giant iPhone' and DAC combo!

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #21 of 33
The iPad is the biggest fail since hitler. It's huge, you can't put it in your pocket. A good laptop is quicker and you can actually type documents on it. You can use foobar2000 on a laptop, they can play real games. iPad is going to epic fail. Who wants an oversized iPhone...a laptop has far more uses. Jeez Apple are more stupid than I thought...

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iPad is the biggest fail since hitler. It's huge, you can't put it in your pocket. A good laptop is quicker and you can actually type documents on it. You can use foobar2000 on a laptop, they can play real games. iPad is going to epic fail. Who wants an oversized iPhone...a laptop has far more uses. Jeez Apple are more stupid than I thought...

And this has what to do with the ESW-10s?

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And this has what to do with the ESW-10s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And then there is the iPad with apparently 140 hours of playing time (presumably with the screen turned off)...

Now I wonder if you could hitch up a DAC to this puppy

Apple has a solution for the iPad’s missing SD card slot and USB port: adapters

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #24 of 33
Lol thanks Lil'Knight. Was trying to responsd to his statement but this laptop is slower than a sloth. Takes 2 mins to open up hotmail, a further minute to open the message and a further 2 minutes to load this thread.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #25 of 33
All,

I am basically on the same boat as the OP as I have just purchased ESW9s and have Sony X1060 as my source (in the process of changing my library to 320GBps mp3s) and my guess after all the talk here there is no point in looking for an amp right?

Thank in advance

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #26 of 33
No need for an amp, no. I think you mean 320kbps mp3s. A 320GBps song would be like...beyond insane.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

No need for an amp, no. I think you mean 320kbps mp3s. A 320GBps song would be like...beyond insane.

Hahaha, and I thought I proofread the post
wink.gif

I listen to all kinds of music. Will ESW9s be good all-rounders?

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #28 of 33
Not sure, as I have never tried them but I hear they are excellent with most genre's, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. Just want to point out, my X1060 has no change in sound with my now sold P-51 mustang amp, whereas the iPod touch had a SLIGHT change with it, making it enjoyable. Now that it's gone, eventhough that money went into a desktop rig, I miss that extra 5% (I am serious, 5% at the most) increase/change in sound. Not worth it for the increase in SQ but it made portable listening pleasurable. I couldn't bare and stil wouldn't be able to bare with taking an amp and LOD with me everywhere I go. Of course, I am used to the crappy, treble heavy iPods over the years, have (Sellers?) remorse and am probably not in the best mood to be reviewing my UM3X and walkman/iPod touch 3rd gen. I reckon I am used tomy ALO-780. Sound like the UM3X but without that layer of warmth over it and the high's are mre pronounced. I miss that treble. Walkman seems to natural sounding to me
confused.gif
. I need to get used to it, as I want to sell my iPod touch, again for desktop funds. Wrong thread to say this, but if you don't LOVE the ESw9's with your portable gear, an amp MAY get you that little sound quality that you are craving.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Not sure, as I have never tried them but I hear they are excellent with most genre's, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Paid last night and hope to get them within a week or two
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Wrong thread to say this, but if you don't LOVE the ESw9's with your portable gear, an amp MAY get you that little sound quality that you are craving.

That is exactly what I needed to know.
I have been lurking around in search of a good and reasonably priced amp for some time now, so buying it means inevitable, just no decision as to when.

That was a great piece of advice @stang, thanks a million.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 33
No problem, always glad to help
smile.gif
. I hope you like your new cans
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back