Essential PH-1 Phone & "High End Audio Accessory"
Sep 14, 2017 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SeeSax

Headphoneus Supremus
Normally I wouldn't start a thread for a phone without a headphone jack, but I've been using this phone for two weeks now and love it. The audio quality out of the 3.5mm adapter is fine, nothing to write home about and I can elaborate on that once I've had more time with it.

What prompted me to start this thread is what Andy Rubin's staff member said in his "Ask Me Anything" time on Reddit today. For those of you who don't know, Andy Rubin is the co-founder of Android and the CEO of "Essential" who built this stock Android beautiful phone. It has ports on the back for accessories and while I usually think those are gimmicks (you, Motorola and LG), the 360 camera that attaches here is pretty cool.

Okay, so let me get to the point: someone today asked what accessories we can expect and Essential replied with "The first available should be the charging dock. We are also actively developing a high end audio accessory to support a 3.5mm jack." Another staff member then confirmed that they have been getting it "super dialed." The thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...in_cofounder_of_the_mobile_operating/dn09npf/

So I dunno about you guys, but I guess I'm kind of excited to see what Essential will do with this. Will it plug into the USB-C port? Will it attach magnetically to the pins on the back of the phone? I'm eager to see what unfolds. I love the build and software of this phone and if it starts to put out decent audio, perhaps it can save me from jumping over to the LG V30 when it comes out.

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back