Essence STX II Help/Recommendation
Jun 28, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 24
  What about the Schiit Modi? They have some old stock left over for the same price as a Fulla.

The Modi is a DAC only, if the price is right, go for it.
Where as the E10K and Fulla also come with a built in headphone amplifier

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #18 of 24
I think you misunderstood me. I want an amp and a DAC, separate devices. I understand it will be a little more expensive, but they generally have better quality when they are individualized products. I believe it is possible to obtain an amp and dac for my price range...

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 24
  I think you misunderstood me. I want an amp and a DAC, separate devices. I understand it will be a little more expensive, but they generally have better quality when they are individualized products. I believe it is possible to obtain an amp and dac for my price range...

I would say a Modi DAC for around the same price as the Fulla is a good value.

Jun 29, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 24
Yes. You would connect the RCA out on the back of the NFB-11 to your speakers.

The specs for the Topping TP D2 that I could find show it to be a very weak headphone amp compared to the NFB-11.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #23 of 24
  You mentioned the NFB-11 before, I believe. If I were to hook it up to my KRK's, would I use the DAC out with RCA to the speakers?

Yep, the NFB-11 comes with 2-channel RCA outputs, perfect for connecting to a pair of self-powered speakers.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #24 of 24
OK. 

The NFB-11 is a little too expensive, so I think I I will probably get the NFB-15, as you guys originally suggested. Are they a reliable company? If there is a problem with the unit, how do I contact them? I have emailed them twice and they never respond. I want to buy the unit while they have the free upgrade to the 35 watt transformer. 

And for the sound on the STX II, it turns out it was not the fault of the card, so I effectively sent it back for no reason. There is a grounding problem somewhere in my system, and I don't know where it is. I believe it is between the PSU and the graphics card, but if it isn't then I am suck. I even lifted the ground from the computer and put a ground loop insulator between the computer and speakers and it didn't help completely remove the sound. 
I am slightly nervous, because I spent an entire day cable managing the damn thing, so if I have to tear it apart again, I will be extremely upset.
Yes. You would connect the RCA out on the back of the NFB-11 to your speakers.

The specs for the Topping TP D2 that I could find show it to be a very weak headphone amp compared to the NFB-11.

Yep, the NFB-11 comes with 2-channel RCA outputs, perfect for connecting to a pair of self-powered speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back