ESS Sabre DAC chip info search...
Dec 1, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the schematic from the buffalo, not for the ess sabre dac IC. I think AMB was referring to the later.

No, I don't think so. That schematic is pretty much exactly the same thing as AMB publishes for the WM8741 with the y2 DAC.

Why would AMB want or need to publish a block diagram for the WM8741 along with the project?

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I don't think so. That schematic is pretty much exactly the same thing as AMB publishes for the WM8741 with the y2 DAC.

Why would AMB want or need to publish a block diagram for the WM8741 along with the project?

I could be wrong here.. but thats for the ES9008.. I am not sure you need to go through the same hoops for that chip.

You notice, there is no schematic for the Buffalo Sabre32. (ES9018 based)

I just now noticed that he doesn't sell PCB's for the Buffalo Sabre32 DAC. Thats sad =(.
Whats the fun of getting a DAC if I can't build it myself.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could be wrong here.. but thats for the ES9008.. I am not sure you need to go through the same hoops for that chip.

Yes, you did have to go through the same hoops.

Quote:

You notice, there is no schematic for the Buffalo Sabre32. (ES9018 based)

AFAIK that is because Russ was keeping his I/V stage under wraps - not because of the DAC chip.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #49 of 51
Sure, TPA did publish a schematic for their ES9008-based Buffalo, whether that fact means it is or isn't an infringement of the NDA is subject to debate and interpretation. After all, the schematic divulges info about the chip that could only be known if you had read the datasheet in detail. And such a schematic "discloses" said info in the face of a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

I certainly wouldn't publish information that could be construed as "protected" by an NDA and risk getting into legal trouble. The propect that builders of my project would also have to sign NDAs is simply not workable in my book. Hence no ESS chip in my future plans.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #50 of 51
AMB do you future plans include an all out reference DAC without the constraints of portability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back