ESI Juli@
Jul 12, 2006 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lettu

New Head-Fier
I'm starting to change my pc from gaming to multimedia pc (mostly music).
Maybe i should sell my x-fi fatality soundcard and to get better sounding card?
I was thinking of ESI Juli@.
I dont have external DAC and i dont think im getting one anytime soon unless its
better investment than new amp.
Selling x-fi would give me money for juli@ and i have around 250€ to spend for new amp, Headfive should be safe choice?
But the question is if getting maybe external DAC like Zhaolu gives better sound than changing from Creek obh-11 (with obh-2 ps) to Headfive.
If getting Zhaolu is better then i dont think i need to change my soundcard at all.
Juli@ has lineout that you can use with mini to rca cable straight to your amp right?
With this x-fi i have to use Headphone/lineout.
That doesnt give clean singnal does it?
Help me out what should i do?
blink.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lettu
Juli@ has lineout that you can use with mini to rca cable straight to your amp right?

Thats how I used it originally, it sonded pretty good IMO. I got a DAC a bit further down the line, so thats an option.
I did get the Juli@ because of its optical-out to use with a DAC.

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 6
The line outs on the Juli@ are stereo RCA - no mini-RCA cable needed, just a pair of regular RCA interconnects. It has both an optical digital out and coax digital out (via breakout cable).

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 6
The Juli@ is a very good choice because it has a nice DAC built in, and the digital out is exactly on par with the Lynx Two on the Juli@, so it would offer the best quality down the road if you got an external DAC as well.

Jul 12, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for answers so i have decided that i will change my x-fi to juli@.
Now all i have to decide is getting Zhaolu or Headfive or maybe something else on ~250€ price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back