ESI Juli@ not receive signal from "multimedia" mic
Aug 7, 2015 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

yonyz

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a Zalman zn-mic1 microphone that is used for online gaming, skype and things like that. It has a red, 3.5mm stereo plug. I have used a cable like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/gib-3-5mm-Y-Adapter-Audio-Cable-Stereo-Female-Mini-Jack-to-2-RCA-Male-Adapter-/191605355659?hash=item2c9c91b48b
to connect it to the line inputs of an ESI Juli@ sound card, but it seems to receive no signal. I know that the mic works with the mic input of the onboard sound card. Are line inputs not meant for this? Is there a way to make it work?

I'm trying to use the mic for gaming but I want to keep using the outputs of the Juli@ instead of the onboard sound. I have both soundcards' drivers installed but the onboard one doesn't appear in the Sound settings of Windows 10. It used to work just fine on previous version, where I'd just disable the outputs of the onboard and the inputs of the Juli@, but it doesn't work now.

Please advise. :)

EDIT: Apparently, onboard audio was disabled in BIOS. I can use it now and it's good enough for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back