ES7 vs ATH-M50 vs K81DJS
Dec 2, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how they describe its sound as a dark can. To me, most of Sennheiser headphones have the dark sound, so called veiled, and the M50 doesn't have that feeling. It has recessed mid bass and a tad laid-back mid range.

My M50's also sound cupped in the midrange. I listen to my Denon 1001 from my mp3 player and they sound great. Change nothing, but plug in the M50 and the diff is obviously there. Less dynamic, cupped mids, not the sparkling highs of the Denons, but clean and strong. I am building a "starving student" amp, from a thread here @ Head-Fi and hopefully my M50's will come alive.
If not, up for sale and will get AD700. Only have 20-30 hours on my M50

It does not take any skill to spend money

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about the m-audio q40. I heard that those are good headphones from what ive read. It's about the same price of the m50.

I love my Q40's, but don't have much to compare them to - just four models of Senn's from a lower class, the GradoSR60 and Bose Triport. The Q40 sound just like Warrior05's thread on them (has almost 500 posts, you've probably seen it, right?). When I bought them, my second choice at the time were the Equation RP-22x, but only a couple people had them so I went with the Q40's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back