ES7 cable broke
Nov 13, 2008 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ilreceiver

New Head-Fier
As the title suggests, my beloved ES7 (9 months old)'s cable just broke yesterday. Where can I get the recabling? I found some websites that does that but the price is ridiculous- $100! almost the same as a new pair of ES7. Now my two options are: find a cheaper place to recable my es7, or consider an upgrade to A900, AH-D1001 and alike. Any suggestion?

I really loved my ES7, how it sounds. I use laptop/ipod video as music source, and I do not have an amp. Any help/advice?

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 3
If you lived near me, I'd fix it for you for free. Its a 10 minute job.
I'm assuming you live in the USA, so its a no go for me since I'm in Asia.

My suggestion is to go into the DIY forum and ask for help if you're willing to fix it yourself. If you ask nicely in there, I'm sure there will be a kind head-fier living near you who would be willing to help you out.

Also, do a search, I think at least two people have had the exact same problem as you, and detailed instructions were posted about how to fix the wires. You might want to try google search because the search here might bring up all sorts of non relevant results.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 3
You can also build up 50 posts and sell the non-working pair in the classified section, then use the funds to buy a new pair...

Or, you can use the classified section to pick up another pair of headphones for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back