ES2 and i-Pod unamped
Mar 6, 2007 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SteveM324

Headphoneus Supremus
For ES2 owners, how does the ES sound straight out of an i-Pod? I'm considering a purchase of an ES2 but I don't want to carry around a portable amp (I've been there and done that and I just don't want to go there again). All my music was ripped and downloaded using Apple lossless into a 80GB i-Pod video. I'm currently using ER4P's and the sound is good but I'm looking for a little more bass (but not boomy bass) and a tab bit of warmth but not to much. I really like the clarity of the ER4P's and I don't want to stray to far from that sound. Also, although I don't have an issue with the comfort of the 4P, I know a custom would be much better. I'm not unhappy with the 4P, I just want to be happier.
icon10.gif
Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 4
They sound great straight out but they really sing with an amp. If you are not in any rush you may want to wait a month or so and see how the new triple driver custom from Westone sounds.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 4
From talking to a rep at Westone yesterday, the triple driver custom won't be out for several months but the universal version should be available in about a month.

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From talking to a rep at Westone yesterday, the triple driver custom won't be out for several months but the universal version should be available in about a month.

What triple driver custom one is this? An ES3 replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back