Error after AV710 flash
Aug 1, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 16
I haven't flashed my card, but my understanding is you have to install the drivers for the Prodigy after you flash it.

Aug 2, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 16
Ok... I am completely stupid. I have now downloaded and installed the Prodigy 7.1 drivers. I also have downloaded and installed ASIO foobar plugin. I can get my DAC back to show 44.1 kHz ouput but I get no sound. I don't know what do to do.

John

Aug 2, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 16
KS does not work with Win98SE. Can someone either help me with the setup of the Prodigy drivers or let me know how I can flash back to the Chaintech firmware.

I really would like to have bit-perfect digital output in a Win98SE computer. But I am stumped.

John

Aug 2, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 16
I think that the Prodigy drivers are bit perfect even with WaveOut and DirectSound. If you have an HT receiver with a digital input you could test it by sending a DTS-Wav file to it and see if it properly decodes.

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 16
Johncan,

Unfortunately, there is no way at all whatsoever to get bit-perfect audio under Windows 98SE or Windows Me. Neither of those Windows OSes supports ASIO or Kernel Streaming. You'll need to run Windows 2000 or Windows XP in order to use either ASIO or KS. Thus, you're stuck with DirectSound or waveOut output under 98SE.

Aug 2, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #9 of 16
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

I am not getting any sound out of the flashed Chaintech with the Prodigy drivers. I get nothing with either WaveOut and DirectSound selected in Foobar. Maybe I am not using the Prodigy control panel correctly. I would like to use the digital out to my Musical Fidelity X-24K DAC. Any tips on getting this card to work would be appreciated. Can someone provide me with a link to or original Chaintech firmware?

Thanks!

John

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 16
shift output channels by 8, that will aim the S/PDIF transmitter.. check your settings in foobar's ASIO plugin preferences..

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:52 AM Post #11 of 16
Glassman,

I tried that last night as per your instructions in a previous post. I got an error in Foobar that states something like "too many channels selected." I don't remember the exact wording as I am at work and can't look at my computer in question. When I get home I can post the exact error message.

Can you send me the original Chaintech firmware? I can PM with my email address. I think I need to use the analog outputs on the Chaintech due to my limitation of using Win98SE.

On a better note, two of my computers are putting out great sound through Foobar and WinXP Pro. I have a Sonica utilizing KS out to an ART DI/O DAC and a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 using ASIO out the analog jacks to some Event near-field monitors.

Thanks!

John

Aug 2, 2004 at 12:06 PM Post #12 of 16
rename it to eeprom.ini, put in eeprwa directory and run eeprwa..

Aug 2, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #14 of 16
don't even try that, rather go with win2k..

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johncan
Thanks! I will reflash when I get home and see what I can do.

I may see if I can get XP Pro to load on a machine with an AMD K6-2 533 cpu with 128 MB SDRAM.

John

No don't! Kid I tutor own a P4 Dell with 128 MB RAM and it HURTS to see it work!! Stick with Win 2K Pro recommendation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back