er6i vs e3c
May 1, 2005 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kelvinz

500+ Head-Fier
I know you guys get this question a lot but it dosen't seem like anyone has made a poll about it yet.

I'm not sure which I should move to next, currently i'm using a set of ex-71's which are a little bassy for me but I've had them for 2-3 years already and I think its time that I pick up something a little nicer.

Please vote only if you own either of the headphones, and if you have another suggestion please state it in the thread.

Thanks!

May 1, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 6
What music do you listen to? Whats your source?
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 6
According to a number of reviews the Ety's have a microphonic effect which would have lessened my enjoyment and were rated preferably for home use while the E3's were recommended for *on the go*. After a great deal of research I purchased the Shures because they seemed better suited to the type of listening I do. In the end, good sound is in the ears of the beholder and I'm very happy with my choice, of course YMMV.

May 1, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

What music do you listen to? Whats your source?

I don't see why this matters, all music has a spectrum of frequencies. There is bass in classical, rock and jazz. Why would you want to get a headphone that only sounded good with a certain type of music? The same goes for the source. I didn't know different sources sounded good with one type of phone, but not with another.

May 1, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz
I know you guys get this question a lot but it dosen't seem like anyone has made a poll about it yet.

No it sure doesn't seem so
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back