Er6i the best budget iem around?
Aug 20, 2006 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

citywithoutmetal

100+ Head-Fier
I'm interested in a budget iem for my dne330(i'm waiting for larger flash based players to replace it). I'm not a bass head. I just want clear, detailed, and neutral sound. Are the er6i's the best value right now in the iem market?

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal
I'm interested in a budget iem for my dne330(i'm waiting for larger flash based players to replace it). I'm not a bass head. I just want clear, detailed, and neutral sound. Are the er6i's the best value right now in the iem market?

"Clear, detailed, and neutral" you say? For under $100, the ER-6i is definitely the only IEM that I would describe in those terms.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProleArtThreat
"Clear, detailed, and neutral" you say? For under $100, the ER-6i is definitely the only IEM that I would describe in those terms.

Agreed. I can see you getting the ER6i's for now, then moving onto the ER4s/p.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal

They are quite good, so get the best deal you can, and in the future sell them and get some ER4s if you like the Ety sound.

Aug 20, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #5 of 10
only propblem with them to me is that they seem to be lacking in bass. (at least in my ears) Otherwise they. are great they are my fav headphone that i have access to. i particularly like the factor that they isolate so that i dont have to loose as much hearing and waste as much battery life on my ipod.

Another problem is that they are sometimes unnable to notice comfort wise BUT they also sometimes hurt the ears like no other kind of headphone!

one more thing. I know i am going to have some audiophile crucify me for saying this but..... on my computer i equalise them to boost the bass just a little bit. (mainly cause i listen to metal a lot)

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC
There's also the iM716 which is the cousin (or twin...)..

I believe the im716s are more related to the ER4s

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 10
Sure sorry I sold my er6i, what was I thinking? Sold all my IEM's and when my UM2 broke last week I didn't have a backup summer can. Looks like I may have to spring for another pair of Ety's to hold me 'til Westone comes through with a replacement.

Aug 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
I believe the im716s are more related to the ER4s

Ya, everything ive read says that the im716 is better than the er6i. I just got mine today and it really does sound very good(IMO). I think right now it is even cheaper than the er6 at $70 on amazon(make sure you use the headfi link)

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 10
I'd jump on the im716s because you're really getting an insane deal when you buy them for only $70. And, as others have said, they're related to the ER4s, so you'd be getting a taste of those while saving money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back