ER6i HELP!!!
May 22, 2007 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

FunnyPhunny

Head-Fier
I have a set of ER6i's and after testing out various plugs the sound on the left channel diminished significantly and this is without the acoustic filter in the phone how do I fix this?

May 22, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 17
you've been using them without the filters? that's foolish.

May 22, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 17
Well, a few things:

1.) Tone down the color/size of that dumb sig.

2.) Why did you not have a filter in? Not only does it block the debris, but it is what also makes the frequency curve of the ER6i.

3.) If the problem indeed does lie deep down the tube of the ER6i, it's borked; you'll need to send it in for repairs.

May 22, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 17
TheMarchingMule;2974668 said:
Well, a few things:

2.) Why did you not have a filter in? Not only does it block the debris, but it is what also makes the frequency curve of the ER6i.

NO NO NO NO NO!!! I thought that the problem was with the filter being clogged but then I saw but then when I took it off I realied the sound was diminied even without the filter. I've used the filters all along

Geez nobodys ever heard of Rocko's modern life here?

May 22, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 17
well, it should be possible for a guy with steady hands, a guy like me perhaps, to remove the driver from an ER-6i and wash it carefully with hydrogen peroxide to dissolve any earwax in it.

Better yet if it's just earwax in the tube, I'm pretty sure i know how to remove the driver from the clear plastic frame.

But i aint gonna, because I'm smart enough to leave the filters in, and i aint whoring out my services.

Call etymotic.

May 22, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 17
FunnyPhunny;2974689 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, a few things:

NO NO NO NO NO!!! I thought that the problem was with the filter being clogged but then I saw but then when I took it off I realised the sound was dimishied even without the filter. I've used the filters all along

Geez nobodys ever heard of Rocko's modern life here?

May 22, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, it should be possible for a guy with steady hands, a guy like me perhaps, to remove the driver from an ER-6i and wash it carefully with hydrogen peroxide to dissolve any earwax in it.

Better yet if it's just earwax in the tube, I'm pretty sure i know how to remove the driver from the clear plastic frame.

But i aint gonna, because I'm smart enough to leave the filters in, and i aint whoring out my services.

Call etymotic.

Oh boy I really have not articulated the filters were in there all along I heard the dimisihed sound cleaned up the filters but then the dimishing came back hell so I tested it out witout the filters and it was there regardless I barely had these things

May 22, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 17
Yeah, the thing is the ety armature drivers are pretty resiliant, but nonserviceable.

if you barely had 'em, they're under warranty. Call ety and plead ignorance.

May 22, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 17
Yeah, flamerz pretty much summed it all up.
icon10.gif

This is worthless if you are going to send it in for an RMA, but did you check the cable of the ER6i to see if it was the source of the problem?

May 22, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the thing is the ety armature drivers are pretty resiliant, but nonserviceable.

if you barely had 'em, they're under warranty. Call ety and plead ignorance.

I must of created some vacum or something because I tried out the new shure black foamies on them then had a particualy had tme getting them off and then I hear the imbalance took AND THEN THATS WHEN I TOOK OUT THE FILTER TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT cleaned it and then I hear it coming back as like the sensation of ones ears popping out.

Yes they are under warrany heck I think they are still witin the stores 14 day retun policy (J and R to be exact) I have all the packing materials so I'll do a refund and repurchase

May 22, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, flamerz pretty much summed it all up.
icon10.gif

This is worthless if you are going to send it in for an RMA, but did you check the cable of the ER6i to see if it was the source of the problem?

its not the cable at all the sound is still consistent no matter how the cable is bent

May 22, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I guess you have no problem at all then if it's still within the return policy.

armatures are a real bitch I though that I could fix t up since this would be much less of a problem if the phone were dynamic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back