er6i? er4p? sf5pro?
Dec 1, 2007 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

trashley

New Head-Fier
hi,

i'm looking to get a new pair of IEMs and i've narrowed it down to the above 3.
i prefer a wide soundstage, clear mids, tight bass.

source: iphone - alac, 320kps mp3, vbr mp3
genre of music: pop, rock, jazz, r&b, instrumental (basically everything)

i would be auditioning them but would also like to hear some opinions from u guys.

cheerios

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 9
welcome to head fi,sorry about your wallet!

your description would be best suited to the er4p, i love the super fi 5 more personally as it gives a fuller sound and a more enjoyable sound but the mids do suffer a bit with all that bass and high sparkle.

the er4p are great in the mid range and maybe over emphasise the highs (check out my post named 'are etymotics as realistic as they claim' for a descussion about that.

the bass on the ety's are a bit hit and miss tho, its tight no doubt but the single driver limits badly the quantity of bass

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 9
ER-4Ps rival my HD650s in many instances. If that says anything.

Dec 1, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #8 of 9
And again... ER4P has bass. Just exactly the bass the song has.

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 9
I started out on the ER4P's about 4-5 years ago, and wanted to love them forever. However, the SuperFi 5 Pro's eventually won about 8 months ago. However, recently I pulled the ER4P's back out of the closet, since I got a RSA Tomahawk. Now I am a little bit on the fence. Bottom line, no AMP, go with SuperFi 5 Pro's. You will enjoy them a lot more. With a good amp, the ER4P may be a good choice. Still too soon for me to make a definitive answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back