ER6 sound problems
Mar 8, 2006 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

3rdoptic

New Head-Fier
hello all.
getting a intermittent problem with my beloved ER6 canalphones, i have replaced a filter on the left channel and it is still giving me trouble. I rang Etymotic from Australia and spoke to a guy there who gave me an RMA number it seems as though it is a cabling problem. I dont really want to send them ALL the way back to their motherland.

has anyone played with the cabling of these minute drivers and could direct me in the right direction?

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't believe that the ER6 can be recabled (the ER4s have detacthable cables, so is quite easy)

There might be a DIY project to get them going again, but without knowing where there is a [potential] break in the wire... where do you begin? (especially if, for example, the wire has come loose right at the point where it joins the driver...)

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 5
well i find if i jiggle the cord where its attached to the driver it will come back.
This can be instantly or may take 10 seconds.
Pretty annoying. If i turn my head to make sure im not going to get run over it could also stop driving the channel.
might just bite the bullet and get the er6i for $130 AUD

Apr 6, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Hello.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdoptic
well i find if i jiggle the cord where its attached to the driver it will come back.

I've got the same problem. If you find a better solution than to buy a new pair, please let me know!

Kind regards,
/R

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 5
You might try calling Headroom, here in the Western US. They've got a sponsor banner at the top of the page. Ifind them very helpful, knowledgeable and all that. Best ofluck. I've got the Etys too and love 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back