Er6 <----> Er6i the same thing?
Feb 7, 2005 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cozmo5050

Head-Fier
doe the "i" stand for "ipod" styling, or are the sonic/physical qualities totally different?

blink.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 7
yes and no, the i, was not only white to match a ipod, it was suppose to have fixed some of the sonic qualitesof the original. i think mostly the super bright highs.

theres been other threads on this matter, try searching for some more indepth answers.

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cozmo5050
doe the "i" stand for "ipod" styling, or are the sonic/physical qualities totally different?

blink.gif

They dropped down the impedance to 16 ohms, so is easy to drive. That's the only difference besides the color.

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't really know what the "i" stands for, but the phones themselves are different. ER 6i is a lower impedance device, essentially meaning that it's easier for your low-output iPod to drive it. According to Ety's website, the technical difference results in: "[the] 6i earphones having 8 dB higher sound output and increased bass compared to the original ER-6 earphones."

I can't personally vouch for the difference though, because I only own the 6is.

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
They dropped down the impedance to 16 ohms, so is easy to drive. That's the only difference besides the color.

that is untrue, according to the etymotic press releases that came out at the er6i's introcution. the driver is also somewhat different than that of the ER6, and the sound tube is of a different diameter. this gives better bass response and allows the use of ER4 triflanges, respectively.

Feb 7, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 7
cool.gif

now if i could only get the Er6i's sonic qualities into the Er6's styling.... that would be great. the white color of the Er6i's would make me feel like i have marshmallows in my ears , behind a backdrop of darker skin and black hair...
blink.gif

i like the clear/black loook of the Er6... looks more 'professional' and discreet in my humble, humble opinion.

Besides, i prefer the Creative Zen / Muvo over ipods. (price and FEATURES.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back