ER4P's + Zune Still Going Strong....
May 24, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't require one but sounds ****loads better with one

Comparing the sound out of my Rio Karma to my superior Musiland dac/amp combo, the ER4P sound less harsh and more natural on my Karma than on my dac/amp. I have a feeling however that the ER4S would sound less refined on my Karma than on my dac/amp.

May 25, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #17 of 22
I'm still thrilled with my Zune and ER4P. In fact, I'm sitting in JFK airport right now grooving on some sweet Ben Folds with the very combo. I've used the pair together for nearly half a year at this point... and I've got to say it works very very well.

What's going to be really interesting is the NEXT version of the Zune... frankly I don't expect much. The fantastic SQ of this particular model feels too much like an accident... I don't think it was intentional. They grabbed a unit off the shelf, repackaged it, and it ended up sounding nice. Soon they'll be fighting the iPod for size... and that's a game that audiophiles will lose in. Real shame too, because the current model sounds oh-so-sweet.

May 25, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's going to be really interesting is the NEXT version of the Zune...

The 30gb drive isn't big enough for me, and I wouldn't mind a bit more battery life...

May 25, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmourik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 30gb drive isn't big enough for me, and I wouldn't mind a bit more battery life...

Well you could always get it modded to 80GB. They also have an upgraded battery.

May 25, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #20 of 22
Yeah, if the new Zune isn't a good step up I might do that...

May 25, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #21 of 22
I like the Zunes design and the hardware put into it is fairly good but the user-interface isn't very easy to use as the lets say something like the ipod. The Zune Marketplace is horrible.

May 25, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #22 of 22
I've never used the marketplace. I do like the interface, I think it's pretty clean and easy to navigate. But, I've never owned an ipod.
One thing I liked better on my old Archos was the amount of info displayed about a song, like bit rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back