ER4P worth it?
May 18, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #32 of 74
Oh man, you dared to start a thread claiming the iBuds are comparable to ER4P's? *Takes off flame suit and hands to you* here, its gettin a little crispy, but it'll see you through till the thread dies down
tongue.gif

May 18, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #34 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDFiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i now realize the er4ps are better. so hopefully people wont get mad. i didnt mean to tick anyone off about that anyway.

Who cares if they do, if you dont like em, you dont like em. No can can force you to like something, well unless it's your mom with carrots.
icon10.gif

May 18, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #35 of 74
lol. yeah i knew they were better then the ipods its obious. i just didnt know if they were worth the price. i sometimes wish i never got an ipod but it is a useful tool on the go. all this upgrading and having to get an amp what next huh?

May 18, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #36 of 74
Don't beat yourself up about the amp. I notice a difference, but even with a great amp it's not night and day for everyone. Really, the biggest advantage of an amp for the 4p is eliminating the hiss from the headphone out, and most sub-$100 amps do that equally well. A big part of the fun is noticing differences in upgrades, so go as slow as you like.

May 18, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #37 of 74
I had 4s, 4p, ue10, 4c and e500. To me 4P was way to dry and uninteresting sounding. However, be aware that within ear headphones in your ear canal the sound will differ than in some else’s.

If you had a Creative Zen Vision M you would not hear hiss. It is a much cleaner sounding portable player than an Ipod. I had 3 Ipods they sound good but they are a bit noisy.

May 18, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

bellsprout
what did you mean that they are really demanding on your other equipment?

i mean that they scale really well with a clean signal source and good amplifier, but on lower end equipment, they don't sound nearly as good, because being exceptionally detailed, they tend to reveal all the "misrecordings" u don't really want to hear

May 18, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #39 of 74
Well, my virgin ears definitely had to get used to the sound sig of my ER4P(S:ed and amped) having only used "casual" headphones before. But now when I'm used to them my former "fun phones" aren't fun anymore... Also it can be saddening to hear some long time favourite songs to degenerate into "SQ/production not good enough"... Maybe that's where the "fun phones" will still play a part.

Whether the ER4 has enough bass or not to my ears, depends heavily on which song I'm playing. Though I think I dare saying that it'll never be the basshead IEM of choice. It seems that it's either (manic) love or a (slight) hate relationship with the Etys for many people.
etysmile.gif

May 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #40 of 74
Yes, they are worth!!! Good isolation and good sound quality!!!

May 18, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean that they scale really well with a clean signal source and good amplifier, but on lower end equipment, they don't sound nearly as good, because being exceptionally detailed, they tend to reveal all the "misrecordings" u don't really want to hear

I would second this.

May 18, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #42 of 74
Well what amp under $150 would you recomend for them? I would like to get it soon i understand that some websites take a while to make them. Are amps available offline at some retail locations?

cause if i could have just a bit more bass these would be perfect for me.

May 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #43 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ehmm...? So you mean lower end equipment are better at revealing poor recordings? I would say exactly the opposite if anything.

May 18, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Well what amp under $150 would you recomend for them? I would like to get it soon i understand that some websites take a while to make them. Are amps available offline at some retail locations?

cause if i could have just a bit more bass these would be perfect for me.

I recommend the MisterX Xp amp. It's $115 shipped. The XP is very bassy amp, I think it would work great with the Ety's. To purchase you have to PM MisterX (a diy head-fier).

May 18, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #45 of 74
I couldn't recommend Etys (even 4P version) unless you had an amp with EQ capability to fill out the sound. Just too lean sounding.

But with the amp they are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back