ER4p vs. ER4s
Apr 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Joelc87

100+ Head-Fier
Ok I've listened to the ER4s before but it was through my Micro Stack setup so they were well amplified. I liked the detail but I didn't like the lack of bass. However, bass or no bass I would like a pair of hyper detailed headphones for some more critical listening. Long term listening will still be done on my Triple.fi's. I have a friend who is willing to sell me his ER4p's for $100. Do the ER4p's have the same crystal clear sound that the ER4s's do or should I just save the extra $100 and buy those?

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 12
I agree w/dcpoor -- at $100 bucks, you can get the ER-4P from your friend and then buy a PtoS converter and have both 'phones at the same time for cheaper than buying either one new.

I haven't compared both, but the 4Ps are (to my ears) fantastically detailed. I mean, I really love these things. If your description of the ER-4S is "crystal clear sound," well, that's exactly how I'd describe the ER-4P. (Again though, I have NOT compared the two.)

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 12
Unless you have a "warm" amp or one with good EQ, I prefer ER4P. It still has crazy detail but is warmer and slightly fuller/bassier. In fact, without the correct amp, I find ER4S too hyper-detailed. ER4P is toned down nicely.

Apr 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact, without the correct amp, I find ER4S too hyper-detailed.

That's like having too much money.
biggrin.gif

You can warm them up and tone down details with shure olives. I never liked how it sounds, but I am a details freak.

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 12
If you don't buy them, I would like your friends e-mail address.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$100 ER-4P is a great price!

Agreed, you lucky person, OP. Get those and get them now. That's a ridiculously good price. And grab a pack of Shure olives, especially if your ears can't handle the triflanges (mine can't). The stock Ety foamies are awful.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stock Ety foamies are awful.

Yeah, i don't know what they are thinking selling those. They are like high quality styofoam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back