Er4P or S?
Sep 15, 2004 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Natsuiro

500+ Head-Fier
I know this have been discussed before, but my decision depends on a very specific factor. Some of you have advised getting the Er4P and the Xin SuperDual amp with p->s switch. This sounds like a great idea for me since I only want to use the amp when I study at a library or when I'm at home. For exercise and walking around campus, I think it would be a hassle to carry sth extra around. My main concern about the Er4P is its loudness from my Sony D-777 discman due to its impedance...I like to listen to classical at times, and want pretty low volume when I work. So my question is whether or not using the Er4P on the Sony D-777 be very loud....some ppl had issues about using it with the iPod.
Also, would using the Er4S without an amp at a gym with the D-777 be a problem?

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 2
I just bought a Er4P, it arrived last week (sounds great, btw). I chose the 4P because I have the option of converting the 4P to a 4S when adding the Er4P-24 cable, available from Ety. Here's a link: http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4-acc.asp

From what I've read in other threads, the 4P with the above cable sounds exactly like a 4S. I haven't bought the cable yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back