ER4P, E4c, Or Super.fi 5Pro? Quick need to buy fast!
Oct 20, 2005 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Apocalypse_HD650

Head-Fier
I've narrowed it down to these 3, was considering Westone UM1's at a different price range, now upped the budget-always happens!

I'm not too concerned about sound quality-because I've already got a great HD650Cardas Gilmore amp setup and am buying an IEM purely for isolation and size for computer use at night. My main concern is comfort because the idea of sticking something miles down my ear canal is not particulary appealing.

Ety's seem to be really old-still very good but there are a lot of modern competitors. Don't like the idea of having to replace filters etc. Conversely super.fi's are brand new, but have a short cable and I would need to get a extension. Shures seem to be liked by regular ipod listeners and not necessarily audiophiles.

Basically I want the easiest to use and most comfortable out of these. Please post your suggestions quick-need to order in an hour or so.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 14
Would like to get the UM2-but $200-250 is my limit and the UM2 is just out of that. For example I've found the E4c and ER4P for around $190 and the Super.fi for $200 off earphone solutions-but they only sell the UM2 for $300-which really is stretching it. If theres somewhere which does the UM2 for $200-250. I would go for it.

Oct 20, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 14
Looks like we're considering the same phones. I think I'm going to order the Super.fi 5 pro today. What's winning me over the Shure and Ety is that this one has dual drivers and therefore should have better sonics. They also look more comfortable than either brand.

Who knows? It's pretty much a crapshoot because you can't try out these things before you buy...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 14
I know I'm getting pretty fed up with not trying before buying too. Really the competition is between the UM2 and Super.fi 5Pro.

UM2 is $240
5Pro is $200

Both from earphone solutions.
I'm getting the 5Pro's simply because the UM2's are not in stock-and I've got to get them now.

Oct 20, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #10 of 14
You should be pretty happy with Sf5Ps, I just got these too (also looked at UM2s) and find them to be pretty comfy & sound great. I like their replaceable cables, warranty, and tech aspects (dual driver).

Oct 20, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #11 of 14
"WESTONE items the coupon expires Sunday 10/2/05 -- for EVERYTHING ELSE, the coupon expires on 10/20/05). Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Westone and more. High-end earphones for your iPod with the full manufacturer's warranty. EarphoneSolutions.com is an Authorized dealer for everything they sell. This is an exclusive offer for Head-Fi readers ONLY! Please use coupon code headfi20off during check out to receive your special Head-Fi deal. This coupon cannot be combined with any other offer or special prices quoted via email."

Here's the scoop on the coupon, today's the last day, only the Westones expired 10/2. If you're gonna make a move, make it now! Man, I bought a pair of ER6i's today and I like them enough to consider the ER4's. It never ends!

Oct 20, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 14
Ordered Super.fi 5Pro from EarPhoneSolutions.com $238 with overnight shipping-not bad. By the way the Headfi coupons are running up to midnight tonight. So buy now if you want to-because essentially the UM2 and 5Pro's are the latest in top echelon consumer IEM's on the market; there prices won't drop until quite a while due to there 'just released status'.

Anyway I hope I enjoy them and don't end up kicking myself over not getting the UM2's!

Oct 20, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #14 of 14
Hey, great choice guys, doubt you can go wrong no matter which dual driver IEM you purchase. I think they all excell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back