ER4P and international shipping
Jun 6, 2003 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fastjack

100+ Head-Fier
OK guys, you really made me do it...
After LOTS of reading of this strangely addictive forum I decided to get me a pair of them ER4P. Quite a step up from my Koss PortaPros I hope. Well, financially it sure as hell is.
For starters I guess they'll be fine without an amp.

One problem is that I'm in Germany and couldn't find a shop where I could get them reasonably priced. The standard dealer around here seems to be Headroom but their shipping to Germany costs 45$. I looked around for a bit and found stereoheadphones.net where shipping is only 20$ and the Ety are only 249$ versus 269$ at Headroom. So I would like to know that shop and if there were any problems I should know of.

Another thing concerns the filters and tips. Would you recommend to order a bunch of those, too or can I expect the ones I get with the phones to be sufficient for a long time ?
I guess the rubber tips won't break anytime soon and foam tips can probably be home-made out of normal foam earplugs. That leaves the filters. How long do these work and can the be cleaned and used again? I just found a thread where JaZZ suggested to build some but that did sound a bit advanced.

OK, so much for my first post in this great forum and thanks in advance for the answers
biggrin.gif

CU

Fastjack

Jun 6, 2003 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Assuming that you take care of your headphones, the supplies that come in the package should be enough for a long time.

I haven't had to switch the filter yet, but then again, I probably use my 4Ps less than the people here. The rubber and foam tips are pretty good and don't really need to be switched if you can clean them (after taking them off the drivers, of course.
biggrin.gif
).

Jun 6, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 8
I would order extra rubber tips. They do lose their seal and need to be replaced. It would be cheaper to get extra stuff now than to buy it later because of the shipping cost.

Jun 6, 2003 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 8
I would recommend getting some additional filters if nothing else. If you are lucky you will get on OK with the rubber tips and can cycle them with clean ones when they need washing.

If you are less lucky and have to use the foamies, get as many as you can afford.

Jun 6, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
I would recommend getting some additional filters if nothing else. If you are lucky you will get on OK with the rubber tips and can cycle them with clean ones when they need washing.

It's not just a matter of whether it's clean or not, but after a certain amount of use it will 'distort' and lose it's sealing abilities. At least that has been my experience.

Jun 7, 2003 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi Fastjack,

This is also a first post for me. Because of this forum (indeed very addictive) i ordered a pair of er4p from Headroom. Great service. Fast delivery. Got it two days after i ordered.

These headphones are definitly worth it. Bear in mind that you also have to pay VAT when you order. ( 19% in the Netherlands, cheaper in Germany i guess) VAT cost me 60 euros. (+270 and 45 for shipping)

A couple of days later the ksc35 arrived. (i forgot i ordered them, hehe) Free shipping indeed, even to the Netherland. Thanks KOSS.

Good luck with ordering

Erik

Jun 8, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Fastjack, try Sound Machine. I just ordered a pair from there -- they sell them for $235, which I think is the lowest price on the net. I believe they can do international shipping, and since they're already $10-30 cheaper than anywhere else, shipping'll have to be steep to kill the savings.

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back