ER-6i vs super.fi 3 - Which to get?
Nov 3, 2007 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zigosity

New Head-Fier
Okay, so I've narrowed my search for new IEMs to either Etymotic's ER-6i or UE's super.fi 3 studio. I like to have present bass in my music and I listen to mainly Rock\Metal\Blues. Since nowhere that sells these in-store are anywhere in my city (Yes, I looked online, apparently we don't have any radioshacks :|) and on the internet they go for around the same price, that isn't really an issue. It seems whenever I read something really positive about one or the other and start leaning over to that side, I read something that makes me want the other ones more. Right now I'm leaning towards the ER-6i, but this morning I was sure I was going to get the UEs.

...Help. Please. >_<.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 9
Mmmm review in my sig...hope it helps.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zigosity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so I've narrowed my search for new IEMs to either Etymotic's ER-6i or UE's super.fi 3 studio. I like to have present bass in my music and I listen to mainly Rock\Metal\Blues. Since nowhere that sells these in-store are anywhere in my city (Yes, I looked online, apparently we don't have any radioshacks :|) and on the internet they go for around the same price, that isn't really an issue. It seems whenever I read something really positive about one or the other and start leaning over to that side, I read something that makes me want the other ones more. Right now I'm leaning towards the ER-6i, but this morning I was sure I was going to get the

...Help. Please. >_<.

Any chance you could pony up for a few more bucks? Neither of those headphones really have great bass.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance you could pony up for a few more bucks? Neither of those headphones really have great bass.

How much more are we talking?

Nov 3, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 9
ireckon go the super fis from radioshack!

i just bought a pair from a head-fier and also got the er6is. in terms of comfrt the er6is and shure olives are great, but the microphonics are bad!

i loooove the superfis, amazing sound, except the cord is really uncomfortable!

i'd go the super fis

Nov 3, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 9
I wouldn't know about the ER6i but I don't think you'll like the UE SF3Studio sound. Not enough bass for your genre. If you are into rock et. al., truly, get the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro. If that is beyond your expenditure, look at the UE SF5eb.

I have the 5pro and it is quite fun for rock. Useless for Classical but for rock and pop, I'm grooving to the sound.

Nov 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #7 of 9
frankly I find super fi 3s to be on my upper bass threshold, I dont require more bass, I require better and fuller lower end but no more oomph, Id get the ratshack superfis, theyre quite the bang for the buck, although I dont find them comfortable yet

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zigosity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much more are we talking?

Well, the Denon AH-C700s can be had for $130 on amazon. You can find the Super.fi 5s, which have much better bass (than the 3s), floating around here for $120 at times.

Then again, the Super.fi 3s are on sale at radio shack now for $49 and there is a $10 coupon in the for sale thread, clickity here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267415

$39 for a set of Super.fi 3s is an absolute steal. You could always sell them on the forums if you don't like them or if they don't have enough bass.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #9 of 9
I find the super.fi 3's bass response to be very good without making the other frequencies sound muddy.

I would hardly say the super.fi 3 is bass shy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back