ER-6i problems...
Mar 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

majurglery

100+ Head-Fier
has anyone had this before? i was sitting in my class, listening to my ER-6is for about 20 mins without any interruption, then all of a sudden, my left IEM stop producing noise. I thought, at first, that moisture had gotten in the IEM, so i aired it out, as the instruction manual says. I doubt it was moisture in the first place, but i aired it out anyway but still no help.

I didn't jostle the cord, i didn't play them loud, in fact, i played them softer than normal. Please tell me if anyone had ever had this problem before. I got them a few weeks ago, so i don't know if its still under warranty or not, so any help is appreciated.

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 9
really, because i havent used them much, and if it only takes 24 hours in your ear to replace a filter then somthing is wrong.
Well, replacing the filter worked, but i didnt think of doing that because i have used them MAYBE 24 hours in my ear... Who knows... maybe a rouge ball of wax or dust got in it and screwed it up...

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 9
First try changing the filter.

But yeah they could be defective. if changing the filter doesn't work, call etymotic.

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 9
I was going to mention that soon after I bought a pair of Shure E4Pro, one of the filters failed. This was probably within the first 2 weeks of use.I replaced both filters just to be sure. After that I had no problem even after one year of use. I have no idea why that one filter failed.

I've been using my ER4P for 15 months with the original filters.

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 9
I have had a defective replacement filter before - the old one was just dirty, the new one for whatever reason was not defective. Etymotic took care of it.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeah, also, make sure you clean your tips and ears at least once a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back