ER-6i or ER-6?
Aug 22, 2004 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
Is there a difference between the 6i and normal 6? Is it like the Shure E3 and E3c?

Thanks.

Aug 22, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #2 of 11
No, there actually is a difference between the 6i and the 6. Supposedly, the 6i has been specifically designed to match up better with the ipod's sound signature than the 6. This means that the bass will be slightly enunciated in the 6i's sound signature. That is only one of the modifications.

A long thread about the 6i's was around just a little while ago, try searching around for more details.

Aug 22, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 11
No, the 6i is supposed to have a different frequency response from the ER6. The 6i has stronger bass, I believe, and less treble (comparatively). All in all, this should make the sound more fit for portable use.

Aug 22, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 11
So, which is it? Has anyone ordered the Etymotic ER-6i? Did anyone get shipment of their order yet?
confused.gif

Aug 22, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
So, which is it? Has anyone ordered the Etymotic ER-6i? Did anyone get shipment of their order yet?
confused.gif

I'm on the waiting list for one, but they haven't announced an official release yet. Supposedly end of this month, beginning of September... Someone in another thread said Etymotics has them in stock, they're just waiting to box them.

Aug 26, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
confused.gif

The first batch was shipped out this Monday, so people should've received them by now. Quite a few people at iPodLounge ordered the 6i's, but their forums are screwed up so I can't get on to see if there are any reviews. Mine were shipped out yesterday, and I'm expecting them tomorrow or Saturday. I can post some pictures, but I am not qualified to post any detailed reviews like the ones you guys authored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTraut
Where is the best / most competitively priced source to purchase the 6i phones?

Thanks

discountheadphones.com aka iDealSound, he is a sponsor here.

Aug 26, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

The first batch was shipped out this Monday, so people should've received them by now.

Mine were shipped Monday, so I hoped they would show up today. Unfortunately, they did not. Maybe tomorrow....sigh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back