ER-6i -- "New Limited Edition"?
Sep 15, 2004 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

martycat

New Head-Fier
Hi all, just browsing the Ety site right now and read that ER-6i is a limited edition... Anyone knows how "limited" it is?
biggrin.gif

Besides, are the tips of ER-6i the same as ER-6 or even ER-4x? I think that maybe my canal is a bit short, the tri-flange doesn't give perfect isolation and get loose easily. The beige foam even worse, it gives a sound like not having isolation... very thin. Wondering if there's any other tip that I can try and play with.
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 7
"Limited" if it sells poorly I imagine!
etysmile.gif

The only tips that work for now are the tri flange and the foams. The sound tubes on the ER6 is too thick and the tubes on the ER4 are thinner and longer, so no other tips will fit. I am sure Ety will expand the variety of foam tips over time to match the other options for the old ER6.

Some users have reported good luck trimming or cutting off one of the triflanges (the top layer). This may work if your ear canal is teeny. Other than that, try pulling and twisting your ear into different shapes, and also try moistening the triflanges before inserting. (Do not get water or spit down the middle hole of course!) For the foamies, hold them in place for 5-10 seconds so they can fully expand. I get the best seal with the foamies.

hope this helps, and good luck!

des

Sep 15, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks! In fact the tri-flange is still ok for me but my ears need some warm up to let it goes further... yet it got loose easily.
The foamies... yeah I do the same as you said, same as what I do with my E2c. But they just don't stay and don't sound giving a proper seal.
confused.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 7
And you're compressing the foamies before inserting?

des

Sep 16, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 7
there has been about 10threads about the er6i lately. it use the same triflange as the er4. the foams are different, they are longer and is extremely soft. i didnt really hear much of a difference between them with my er6i and i generally use the triflange.

Sep 20, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by martycat
Yeah, I rolled them and hold them in my ears for a moment before letting them there.
BTW, can I use the ER4 grey foamies on ER6i?

I've tried this (as well as using the ER6i foamies on the ER-4) and I don't see a problem with it, or an audible difference. The ER6i foamies are softer and smoother and are a bit more comforatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back