er-6i beginner questions
Feb 7, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquer
how deep am I suppose to insert them to achieve the best seal? which EQ settings for zen touch do you recommend to get the best bass??

Until you feel like you are under water couple of meters. Try to wet the flanges a little bit with water.

Feb 7, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 5
I never could achieve a solid seal with the flange tips. I switched to the foams, which are fantastic. Plus, I wasn't keen on the idea of wetting the tip before sticking it in my ear.

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 5
I think some wise soul at Head-Fi ran through some of the basics for insertion. I love my E6is and use the tri-flanges exclusively. Here's how I get my seal:

1. Start with any ear... I always go left first.
2. Lick lightly the end of the tip (gross I know, but it works)... wont need to do this every time, just at the start of your listening session.
3. Pull down on your earlobe so your ear canal opens up and VERY GENTLY push the phone into your ear canal. Like turbo said, it should sound like you're underwater as canalphones should isolate sound anyway without music.
4. Repeat with the other ear. The key, for me at least, is pulling down hard on your earlobe to open up your ear canal.
5. Turn the music on SOFTLY and build up the volume. If you hear the sound thinning or noises from outside, give the canalphones and bit of a push and a twist or repeat step 3/4.

After a while you'll start getting a great seal, just takes a bit of practice. For me that was driven by a screaming kid at 30,000 ft flying from SF to Singapore. E6i's were bliss. No help on the equalizer, though I'd be interestd on your thoughts on how the E6i's perform with the Zen Touch as it's on the wish list.
etysmile.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 5
after straightening my ear canal and inserting, i usually pull and twist the phones out a little bit, to allow the triflange to dig in a little. this also equalizes the pressure, so it's not uncomfortable. i really hate that vacuum feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back