ER-6 vs EX-70
May 4, 2003 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rt297

100+ Head-Fier
I am considering these two earphones, and would like to know if anyone experienced with both can tell me which one of the two is the more comfortable to use, or are they similar. I have had experience with the EX-70, and find them to be very comfortable for me, but do not care for the sound. I am looking for a more accurate response, but not at the expense of comfort.
Thank you for your help.
Russ

May 4, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 8
I'm asking which is the more comfortable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,
Russ

May 4, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 8
the ex70 isn't as comfortable as you'd want it to be, also there's more of a chance of eargoop getting inside it because it doesn't have a filter.

but I cant comprare to the er6 since I don thave any. still ex70 is a piece of shiat so if you dont want to waste your money dont bother with sony earphones in general

May 4, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 8
russ,
there is a modification for the er6 that places an ex70 tip on the er6 ("dome tip mod"). for my ears the er6 is far more comfortable with the ex70 tips than the stock er6 foam tips or silicon. to my ears the "dome tip mod" adds better bass and cuts down on edgy treble from the er6, as well as adds comfort:
attachment.php

the brace you see on the cord is from the "earhugger mod" for the er6.

enjoy!

May 4, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the input guys. So the general consensus is that the EX 70 is more comfortable unless the Redshifter mod is performed? I can see doing the mod, no problem, but I'm trying to get an idea of the comfort level unmodded as a reference point. I actually have a pair of EX 70's now, and find them to be quite comfortable, and I can lay on a pillow, no problem. Can I expect the same level of comfort from the ER6's out of the box?

May 4, 2003 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 8
I haven't tried the EX70 but I find the ER-6 to be odd feeling at first but they are not uncomfortable to me, and once you get used to the isolation it's okay. Cord microphonics are not bad. The only real problem is you're going to be hearing your footsteps if you're walking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back