ER-6, upgrade? routinely replace filter?
Apr 12, 2004 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rlmoss

New Head-Fier
Is there default advice on changing the filter on ER-6? I've at most replaced filter once in a year---although unscrewed it, pulled it out and looked at it more often.

Thought I'd order extra rubber tips also--although this one looks fine.

I remember reading a posting from Kelly in which she talked about upgrade to Etomytic cable. Are there any recommendations for tweaks to ER-6?

Apr 13, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't think there is an easy way to upgrade the cables to the ER-6. I remember someone doing it about two years ago, but I haven't heard much about that afterwards. I guess, the ER-6 does not benefit too much from custom modifications like other headphones do. You may want to search for postings made by Redshifter because I remember him having several interesting modifications for the ER-6 over the years.

Removing the filter on the ER-6 usually ends up destorying the filter. The tool that came with my package has a point with a screw thread. The tool punctures through the filter. I then start pushing down and twisting, making the threads dig into the side walls of the filter, a plastic tube. Once far enough, I just pull and the tool should have enough grip to yank the plastic filter out.

Consider yourself lucky if you have to change the filter once a year. I have to change my filter every three to five weeks. I also have to change the ear tips about the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back