ER-6 bass: works fine for me!
Feb 10, 2003 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chriscu1

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of these last week, and was worried about the reports on here about its sound compared to the ER-4. I have no doubt that the ER-4 is better, but I'm flying across the country this weekend, and really just wanted to get something that I can use when I fly my 3 or 4 times a year. I'm sure upgraditis will bite me at some point, but I have to say I'm very impressed w/the ER-6's...but only with the foam pads. I was very UNimpressed with the rubber tips...could not get a good seal at all...with the foamies I get a perfect one! The ER-6's provide a very full sound to me...I guess I can consider myself lucky. It's true what they say, though...you have to HEAR the bass...not feel it. I don't think the sound is thin at all.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's all about the seal....

Feb 10, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 4
I bought them when they only came with rubber tips. Most people here end up using the foamies instead of the tips. The tips work for me.

The bass is very different from anything else I have tried.

They work really well in the airplane. They block out most of the engine noise from the airplane. I can even still here my music when I crank my pcdp to the lowest threshold of volume before it mutes.

Feb 10, 2003 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 4
i also like the foamies better. the er6 is a great canal phone and deserves more repsect than it gets here. i do not know why, but the longer i keep the er6 on during a listening session, the better it sounds--like it is warming up for a few minutes.

do you roll up the foam and insert? myself i fold back the shiny front part of the foamies so it stays flat, and flatten the whole foamie instead of rolling it between my fingers. this works better for me than rolling, plus the foamies seem to last longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back