ER-4s through the ipod's headphone jack?
Mar 4, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbuddha
Does anyone know if the ipod in fact has a real line out feature?

The iPod does have a line-out, but it is only accessible via the dock or a substitute (Sik Din, PocketDock, etc.)

Mar 4, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbuddha
...I'll have to tote that little Airhead around too.

I asked one of the guys what format the music loaded on their ipods was and he said "Mpeg 4 at 128". By Mpeg 4 I suppose he meant either AAC or Audible, but I don't know. Anyhow, I suppose that a higher bitrate might yield even better sound.

While I’m here I have a question that someone might be able to answer right off. I was under the impression that the only output the ipod has is the headphone jack, but in other threads I have seen references to the ipod "line out". Does anyone know if the ipod in fact has a real line out feature?

yeah i'm almost certainly going to carry my sr71 with me anytime I want to use the iPod (except the car obviously).

aac @128 is almost certainly what it was, as that's the format of most of the music on the iTunes music store. I'd say it's comparable to something between 160 and 192 MP3, still rather compressed but not horrible. wait until you hear AAC 320 or apple-lossless
wink.gif

re: line out, the dock has a true line-level output and there are several mini/pocket docks on the market now (which i'm trying to figure out which to buy when my amp shows up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back