ER-4p were $199 but . . .
Apr 10, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #16 of 19
Yeah - my local authorized retailer said "I didn't know they were going to be so popular" (he had none on hand but had ordered some more). Guess they have gotten really hot recently.

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #17 of 19
They'd be well worth the $$ if they could keep the darned tubes from cracking. One thing that turns me off immediately is the perception of "cheap" or "poor quality". Won't even get to the sound if that's an issue.
mad.gif

May 4, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
They'd be well worth the $$ if they could keep the darned tubes from cracking. One thing that turns me off immediately is the perception of "cheap" or "poor quality". Won't even get to the sound if that's an issue.
mad.gif

Amen to that. and I agree with K.Ashwood about the "cheap feel". I cannot use my ER-4P's now. The cables have cracked and the plugs that go into the actual units are intermitent. This is the second thing to go wrong with them inside 2 years. They aren't built to last in my view and you have to keep your receipt (which due to lots of house renovation I cannot find) to get them repaired under warranty (and in my case send them back to the USA from the UK at my own expense) I give up with etymotic and as I cannot afford to buy the top range Shure's due to spending too much money on the etymotics I am going to try the e3c's and hope that I can live with the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back