Er-4P TORTURE/ Er-4P vs e4c
Dec 7, 2005 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

headradio

New Head-Fier
Oh man. I have Er-4p's in my house, but I cant use them until this weekend. My mom wont give them until its a week before my birthday
eek.gif
. All I have for now is crappy speakers and *gasp* even crappier American Airlines headphones to use in the meantime (My old EX-71's broke). It's going to be a huge upgrade
etysmile.gif

Well the point of this is that I just want to see what some people think of the Er-4P in comparison to the e4c. Which is flatter? Better for mixing? Musical? etc. any comments would be appreciated

PS:
Is the e4c different sonically from the e4? Or only in color?

Dec 7, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 7
I have owned both the E4c and ER4P. I though the ER4p had a little more detial and a little more speration, clearer highs. You could really just pick out individual instruments and focus on those. It's quite amazing. As for the e4c, I like the sound of it better. It has much much better bass. The bass on the Er4p is tighter, but not enough quantity at all. It goes very low, but its so rolled off you can't here it. In addition to the E4c's better bass, it has similar detail, if anything MAYBE just a little less. The speration is not quite as much also. Overall I felt the Er4p has bass issues in addition to just being too analytical. The e4c sounded much more musical. I also thought the e4c benefited from an amp a lot. on a comfort note, I did find the E4p a little more comfortable, but overall similar to the e4c. Isolation is about the same on both, maybe just a hair more with the er4p.

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 7
I've actually found the bass between the ER4P and the E4c pretty comparable out of a 5G iPod. The E4c might have at most 5% more midbass. A friend of mine also owns the E4c (and loves them to death) and when I had him tryout the ER4P, I preceded his tryout by telling him the ER4P has less bass than his E4cs. After he listened to them, he said he actually didn't think they had less bass at all.

Dec 10, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 7
It's a tough call, but I would have to give the nod to the ER-4P
etysmile.gif
, as far as musicality is concerned. As far as the comparison with the SF, they are two different beasts, SF for blasting, and rocking, and the Ety for critical listening.

Dec 10, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by headradio
Update:
I looked at the box but wasnt allowed to open it... only feel worse now.
Also, how do the ER-4P's compare to the Super.fi 5 Pros?

I've done that test.
The SuperFi has MORE bass, but I found the highs and mids to be lacking detail and clarity. A bit muddy sounding overall. It's sound worked better with an un-amped iPod rather than hooked to a home based headphone amp which showed off it's faults. Good cord, no microphonics.

The ETY-4 has stunning clarity and detail, but you've got to get them in your ears the right way, otherwise they are really thin sounding.
With a proper seal they are amazing. The bass is lighter, but it's more detailed bass. P version works well with portable gear, amped or not. With home gear, the P is good, but a P to S adapter makes it even better
Braided cord is a little bit microphonic, make sure to use the shirt clip.

I stayed with the ETY's
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back