ER-4P to 4S adaptors?
Sep 8, 2001 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

OneMalt

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

I've read about a couple of different ER-4P to ER-4S adaptor cables, namely by Daniel Pumphrey and Xin Feng/Fixup.com.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Would you recomend them? Are there other alternatives (short of buying another set of Etys)?

TIA

Sep 8, 2001 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 5
I have the adapter built by Dan Pumphrey and cannot recommend it higher. A great value, and provides much flexibility in that the 4p sounds better with low-powered amps and the 4s with high-powered amps. With the cable you can have your cake and eat it too
smily_headphones1.gif

Search the archives here and at headwize for several reviews. All have been positive.

Sep 9, 2001 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply. Is the cable available commercially?

Sep 9, 2001 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 5
I had my Brother-In-Law make me up a couple of cables. One uses mini to mini connectors for use with the Airhead amp and the other features a 1/4 inch jack for use with 'grown-up' stuff. I tend to almost exclusively use the smaller lead with my D-915 Discman and R900 MD Recorder via the Airhead.

I'm sure that these cables don't use the best components out there but there is a difference to the sound. Remember that these differences are reasonably subtle but definitely there.

To be honest, I really don't think I could hear the differences between my cable and one made with the best components out there but there again who knows.

It's certainly worth experimenting with - and if you perhaps try out inexpensive components first, you will get some idea of what to expect from both a sound quality and manufacturing point of view.

I hope that this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back