ER-4P repair
Jan 14, 2008 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Aldyrin2

Head-Fier
My ER-4P's seem to have a break in the wire on the right channel. When I have them on and flex the red tension relief plastic, sound cuts in and out depending on how much I have it flexed.

I'm thinking about cutting it open using a razor blade and seeing what I can do as far as repairing any breaks/shorts, and then using some epoxy to seal things back up.

Has anyone had experience doing this with the ER-4P or ER-4S? I guess a recable of some kind would have to go through the same steps. Any suggestions/thoughts would be welcome!

Jan 15, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 4
How long have you had them? The warranty from Etymotic is 2 years. I had a crack on my 4S's and had them replaced free of charge (under warranty). I have even heard that some have had repairs done for free even after the warranty period. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Good Luck

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 4
I've had them about 3.5 years, so I really doubt they would give me a freebie on this, but I'll give it a try
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Any luck? I'm having the same problem but with overseas shipping back and forth, doubt I'll go for it. Instead I'm planning to remove the plastic barrel altogether if I can't just fix it with a razor blade like you described/planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back