ER-4P/ER-4S Users... what bitrate?
Oct 13, 2004 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

motifone

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just a curiousity question from a user here owning an Ipod and Er4p with 4s conversion cable.

My music is encoing at 192 AAC through Itunes.

i was wondering what everyone else with this l listening combo encondes at? I've a/b'd my 192 AAC files with the original CDs and, to my ears, can't hear a difference.

My next step maybe is to buy a Supermono and listen to sound from the Ipod via lineout... would this add an extra punch to music?

Oct 13, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 3
i just got the er4p about 3 weeks ago, and i've been reencoding my music from 192 AAC up to 256 AAC, as space allows. i definitely noticed a little clipping, distortion and thinness in my 192's. 256 sounds much better to me. if i had the space, i'd encode everything at 330 AAC.

i'm no audiophile, but to my ears there was a noticeable difference.

of course, if you don't hear a difference at 192, then don't worry about it! keep them at 192 and enjoy!

p.s. as for the supermono... i can't speak from experience as i don't have one. but i've read quite a bit about it, and from that, my guess is that you'd be very happy with it. it seems to be synergistic with the etys.

Oct 14, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey Guys,

I am using Ultimate Ears UE-5C's and also a pair of Etymotic 6i's. Apple Loseless Encoding is absolutley amazing! It takes up a lot of space, but you can really hear the difference. Especially if you change the equalizer for different genras of music. Give that a try !

-Tyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back