ER-4 vrs E4 Cord noise, jogging, IE 150 suggestions
Dec 27, 2006 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sillz10

New Head-Fier
I have owned Shure E3c(x2), ety ER6i(broken cord) , bose triport IE and am looking for a IEM for around 150. Out of the 3 I liked ER6i over the others because of the sound and the fit. I really hate the way the Shure E3cs fit and sound.

So i'm looking for a 150-200 dollar IEM to listen to with Ipod mostly and some in home listening. The major thing that concerns me is 'cord noise', microphonics. I experienced 0 with the headphones I have had. I like the fit and style of the ER-6is I had and am looking to replace them. Is it possible to use the ER-4ps with the cord behind the head and sinched to eliminate the microphonics?

Does any1 use their ER-4ps when running? Are microphonics bad with the shure E4s too? How do the E4s fit compared to the E3cs? Are the black version of the ER4ps different then the red/blue versions? Has the microphonics with the newer versions of ER4Ps improved?

Dec 27, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 7
I'd like to know as well -- I had shures e2c and I found that I heard every step I took around town and on the treadmill.
confused.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by inara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know as well -- I had shures e2c and I found that I heard every step I took around town and on the treadmill.
confused.gif

Ive actually had 0 problems with any of the headphones i,ve had with working out. My main problem with the E2c is the weird fit and bad sound.

Dec 27, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 7
The Microphonics is only on the cord conecting the driver to the splitter. I went out running a little this mornig and this didn't bother me at all. I couldn't hear it if I used the shirt clip.

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 7
When the ety's are in your ear properly (ie angled up into your ear canal), the cord comes out straight down. There's a thread around about how to insert them properly.

There's also a thread about how to reduce the microphonics when you're walking or jogging. Basically just wrap the cord around your ear like you would with a shure.

Enjoy the music
Martin

Dec 28, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 7
ER-4 are not the most suitable for jogging. I have seen joggers with E500 so I take it they don't have any issue at all with microphonic cables.

But if you are willing to go through the hassle of arranging the ER-4 properly using the inluded clip and run it under the shirt and then wear them Shure/Westone style - NO microphonic noise at all. But it seems too much of fiddling for convinience.

I say Shures are better for active movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back