ER-4: Finally got a correct seal. WOW!!!
Feb 10, 2005 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ghart999

100+ Head-Fier
I have had the ER-4P for a few weeks now with little positive feeling towards them. I was getting ready to send them back to Todd. But I finally realized that I had never got a correct seal. All of a sudden I got one and WOW. The bass in these are surprisingly strong for such tiny drivers. The clarity was always there, but no bass. All of a sudden I see why these are so highly recommended. For those that are considering these canalphones, they are the real deal.

I also have the P-to-S adapter and use these with a Porta Corda and soon to be Portaphile V.2

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 8
I was lucky I managed from day one to get a good seal. I use the tri flange tips. I agree with lots of people here, don't push them in too far, if you feel too much pressure in your ear it sems to affect the sound. Pulling down on your earlobe helps. I am still amazed by the sound (6 weeks I have had mine) how something so small can produce such sound... I don't know if it is burn in or, I am getting used to inserting them in to my ears, but the sound is even better now..

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 8
to get a good seal, pull up and slightly back (11 o'clock) from the top of your ear. This will straighten out your ear canal for easier insertion and better seal. The er4p are indeed very nice, with enough bass for most people.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 8
Another happy member of Team Ety!
etysmile.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504
to get a good seal, pull up and slightly back (11 o'clock) from the top of your ear. This will straighten out your ear canal for easier insertion and better seal. The er4p are indeed very nice, with enough bass for most people.

I found that I was always doing this correctly, just not sticking it far enough into my ear. Also I find the foamies much more comfy than tri-flange tips.

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 8
Yeah, ER-4 with Supermacro, foamies, proper seals, it's just the best!! Unbelievable sound quality, it's actually quite addicting.

Feb 11, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 8
Another tip on getting a good seal... use your opposite hand to reach up and behind your head to grab the back of your ear flap. Tug on that as you use the same-side hand to insert.

Also, using a tiny bit of moisture on the flange (not anywhere near the driver!) can help get a tight seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back