ER-4/ER-6i tips on the ER-6
May 18, 2005 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Emon

1000+ Head-Fier
Yeah, the barrel sizes are different, but how different? Is the ER-6 barrel bigger or smaller, and by how much? Shure E2 flex sleeves fit my ER-6 just fine, a little loose, but I didn't lose them in my ears. I fastened them at first with a small copper wire twisted around the lower part of the barrel, which worked great. Then I tried 3/16" rubber bands folded in half (not easy to get on!) which also holded the tips really well in place. Just curious as to how big a difference there is in barrel size? I'm guessing not much...If it's too big, it's easily tightened down. If it's too small, it should still slide over with some coaxing and then can be fastened into place. The only concern I have is that it's so damn small it won't go on at all but...I don't think that's the case.

Oh, and I'm looking to try the triflanges on my ER-6.

May 18, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
Yes you can get ER4 / ER6i tips onto the ER6, since the silicone material is stretchy. I have done it.

you got the er4 tips on the er6? wow, that's impressive. there is a pretty big size difference (the er6's stem is larger than the er4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back