Equipment to go with ATH-AD2000?
Apr 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #16 of 19
From what I've understand, the AD2000 is not a very power hungry headphone.

Would a Pico(with dac) or Predator(with dac) be very far after home amps in the same price category, for exemple the gilmore lite? The dac's in the pico and the predator also speaks for them.

I have a LD MKIII on the way, so will test it with tubes to see how it works, but I will probably some time in the future get a final amp and be done with it (and this is where pico/predator come in). The ability to transport the Pico and the Predator is something which I could really need and would use, but only if the sound is not sacrificed a lot versus home amps. I rather have a kick ass home rig than the ability of a transportable rig, but would be extra happy if the transportable rig would also work as a kick ass home rig.

Opus dac + amp (gilmore lite / a singlepower amp / GS-1 / other <$1000 or slightly higher) (this might be a future rig)

vs

Pico / Predator

Woud the Opus+amp be very far ahead of the Pico/Predator for the AD2000? The Opus+Amp is about twice or more the price of Pico/Predator though.

EDIT: Yes, I've read http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/dis...-trend-264859/ , but from what I've read the AD2000 is not a hard headphone to drive, so maybe it will work.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #17 of 19
What is the cheapest price on something like the Gilmore Lite? Where to buy?

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #19 of 19
Arggh too expensie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back