Equipment Placement Observations
Dec 7, 2019 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JTori

100+ Head-Fier
I wasn't sure where best to place this post; Members' Lounge seemed as good as any.

A longtime audio geek and Head-Fi'er, I'm curious to know how many others feel as I do about equipment stacking. I see so numerous images of members' rigs with amps place on top of D-A convertors and amps on top of amps, etc. Many Head-Fi'ers spend significant sums on their equipment but seem to expend little effort on placing components in ways so as to optimize their performance. I know not everyone has space to allow this. When there is room, however, there are performance and or component-longevity gains to be had for no or low cost.

I've designed and built three dedicated listening rooms for my two-channel rigs over the last 30 years (Here's an example: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3385). Each room has been like a laboratory, from which I've taken valuable learnings. I've tried to apply these precepts -- many, simple and free -- to the setup of my desktop headphone rig. I believe this kind of attention pays audible dividends.

I'm interested in members' thoughts on this and welcome constructive debate on the topic.

Best,

Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back