equinox cables
Jan 1, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #4 of 9
timoteus, Thank you. I appreciate that imformation. If anyone out there has had experience with the equinox cables, I would like to know if they're as good as I've heard they are.

Jan 1, 2003 at 10:50 AM Post #5 of 9
I thourougly enjoyed the month I had with mine. They really showed what the Senn 600s can do when teamed up with the right cables!!! They really made these cans sound better and more lively when teamed up together. After a month with them it was a real disappointment to return to the stock cord.

My only problems with these cabels were: where the cable exits the ear piece of the cans the cable strain relief was like 3" long and prevented me from turning my head as it would hit and pull when I did so.

Second, the weight and stiffness made wearing them a bit of a pain. They really need to hang straight down to feel right and not pull awkardly on one ear piece or the other.

Due to the weight of the cables they tended to get caught up in my feet and/pr chair whenever I used them. This is due in part to the issue above.

If you can live with these issues I would whole heartedly reco them to you. If anyone else has any other experiences or opinions of what I posted about, please let us know!!

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by charles M
Thank you, ServinginEcuador. Your input helps a lot.

You're welcome!! If you can spare the $10 shipping fee to get them plus the return shipping fees of a couple of dollars, you might consider ordering them and try them out under their 30 day trial period. Sounds rather harsh, but at $180 for a cable it is worth making sure you like them before being forced to keep them!!!!

Just on the side note, I also was influenced to return them in order to buy a different set of cans that really blew away my Senn 600s, and with the return of the cable and sale of the Senns I got a much better sounding set of cans!!

Jan 2, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Costas
What cans did you end up getting as a HD600 replacement???

First the Audio-Technica ATH-W1000 cans. These were fabulous cans, but did not fit my ears well and made listening for any length of time a little on the unbearable side. These sounded better than the Senn 600s I owned and loved for almost three years. If they would have worked ergonomically, they would have been a keeper for me and I would have happily kept them for many years to come.

Now I own and will not part with a pair of Sony's CD3000 headphones. These are just incredible for the price. They hit quite hard in the bass department and still make me think that I got a sub running somewhere. The mids are so much better than the Senns that it's embarrasing. The high-end energy of these things go and go and go, while never getting harsh or overdone. The comfort level is superior to anything else I've tried, bar none!!! While the ear pieces are quite large and will make you look like the ultimate headphone geek, the sound more than makes up for the looks. Then again, isn't that what it's all about: sound!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back