Equinox cable is giddy good
Jan 29, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jaghouse

100+ Head-Fier
Well the Equinox is worth the price of admission and the long wait. Fantastic balance, resolution and construction. I only have the stock cable for comparison and there is no contest. The stock cable chokes off the sound big time versus the Equinox. Burn in time was about 125 hours.

Jan 29, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Congratulations!

Yes, the Equinox is one of the older replacement cables but it certainly holds the ground very well. If it only had the breath of life and the soundstage depth of the RnB Five Two. On the other hand, I wish GFT had the soundstage width of the Equinox. Ah well, you can't have everything - or can you?.
600smile.gif

After some hesitation I have the Equinox attached again, and I like it a lot, but I am sure I will want to listen with the GFT soon again.

Jan 29, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Or perhaps you can
very_evil_smiley.gif

He-he
icon10.gif
I don't want to wander off the thread topic. Just shortly; the Equinox and the GFT seem to have been one cable which got split into two. They have a lot in common but one has something the other doesn't and vice versa. Quite frustrating actually. Perhaps there will be an Equinox Five Two or a RnB Equinox in the future.
icon10.gif
AFAIK, Myo has not yet auditioned an Equinox. Pretty good job to put together something like the GFT then I would say.

If I would have to make a choice, I think I would have to pick the Equinox, but it would hurt. And you're right; I don't have to make choices. Pity they don't fit simultaneously though.
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 8
I was hoping this problem would solved with PS audio coming out with a Transcendent headphone cable but Paul says the market looks pretty small, need to make a minimum of 1000 of them. So Any Ideas?

Jan 29, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 8
nope I do not own an equinox.
Maybe some day, Ill pick one up for my own listening comparisons. but at the moment I do not have that kind of money to impulse buy a senn cable when I have about 7 different ones laying around.
eggosmile.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 8
come now RnB. I make cables too and currently have the Cardas, Equinox, and a few of my cables... ive also owned the Zu, Blue-Dragon, and Oehlbach... gotta try them all to know what you are up against
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 8
nah thats too many to own for me.
I built the GFT according to a sound and performance I wanted. The only sound I feel I should compare it to is live sound and its how it represents it. The cable makes me happy and thats all that matters.
I have too many cables as is.

I use all the sennheisers however 580 600 and 650 when testing the GFT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back