Equation Audio RP-21 VS AKG K-81DJ
Jul 30, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #16 of 19
We must have the same ears (lol). I was pretty disappointed by the verrrry hyped up sr-60's.

How would the D1001's fare comfort-wise?

Also, replying to wrecked_porsche, with the music at a decent level, ON A HIGHSCHOOL BUS, I cannot hear anybody talking and I can only hear the diesel engine.

If you are in a noisier environment than an overcrowded bus with kids whacked up on crack (lol) then the K-81's may not have enough isolation for you. As I've said, they are blu-tak modded and the foam is taken out so the pleather pads envelope your ears a bit more and the blu-tak increases the noise reduction by quite a bit!

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #17 of 19
The D1001s are said to be one of the most comfortable cans.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #18 of 19
Well I agree on most things, but it seems we have a very different opinion on a couple things
biggrin.gif

I found the K81DJs bass light, so I had to boost the bass (added an RC circuit to my CMoy). I also find them a bit looser on my head that I expected.

It must be our ears or the mod or something..

As for everything else, I agree. A lot of the time people can't get my attention due to my inability to hear anything.

One day, the fire alarm went off (a drill). I didn't even notice it until I saw everyone getting up.

Good review.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #19 of 19
RP21 is far from annihilating s everything in its price range. I have to admit their bass is pretty good and they sound relatively balanced for a closed headphone.

I prefer K240S, MS1 to it. That is before I include AD700 ($110). Might be because I don't listen to hip hop, mostly rock of many kinds.

Gone are the days when you can buy K501 and HD580 for $100-$130ish
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back