equalizing
Mar 11, 2005 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tolsk

Head-Fier
im just wondering what kinda music do you use to equalize is there like a track that makes it alot easier then others. and does the bitrate of the file matter?

Mar 11, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 4
This probably doesnt help, but when I equalize, I usually ONLY do it with speakers. Because my headphones (HD-580's) are high-end enough for me to feel good about leaving the equalizer alone.

But when I do equalize speakers, what I do is I use NCH Tone Generator, then I put in my ear plugs, crank the volume to 110 dB and use the radioshack Sound Level Meter to balance it through my friends awesome parametric equalizer in foobar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or just use the built-in equalizer in winamp/fb2k or if you have an E-MU, use that one, which is even better.

Mar 11, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erukian
my friends awesome parametric equalizer in foobar.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if that one is publicly available?

Mar 12, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 4
i don't listen to only one type of genre of music so i don't bother with equalizing the sound except to add a little bass because the Grado SR-325's bass isn't as strong as I prefer.
I think it makes more sense to increase the frequencies of sound where you think your setup is weak.
Of course, if you always listen to the same genre of music than by all means use an equalizer setup for that music.
If you get the "special" installer of Foobar it comes bundled with that equalizer.
check the download section of the homepage (http://foobar2000.org)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back