Equalizer...
Jan 20, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #46 of 51

Quote:
Bump. I am thinking of getting the Behringer FBQ3102. Is there cheaper option that will really work?

It doesn't get much( if any ) cheaper. The 3 year warranty could be a good idea for $25. The dbx for $200 is an obvious jump in build quality. If you get the chance to compare both side by side I think you'd agree...but I know, it's over $50 more. If you can swing $300, the DEQ2496 is a great bargain and does a lot more. Some features you'd never use but it is a digital 31-band graphic EQ and 10-band parametric EQ with plenty of memory to store different curves. It has a DAC(optical). ...just a thought.

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #47 of 51

Quote:
Quote:
Bump. I am thinking of getting the Behringer FBQ3102. Is there cheaper option that will really work?

It doesn't get much( if any ) cheaper. The 3 year warranty could be a good idea for $25. The dbx for $200 is an obvious jump in build quality. If you get the chance to compare both side by side I think you'd agree...but I know, it's over $50 more. If you can swing $300, the DEQ2496 is a great bargain and does a lot more. Some features you'd never use but it is a digital 31-band graphic EQ and 10-band parametric EQ with plenty of memory to store different curves. It has a DAC(optical). ...just a thought.

Thanks. I think I might just go for an amp at this point because I don't have one and use my Rockboxed Iriver H120 as a source when I want equalized sound. I will probably try to find an equalizer used in the meantime.  

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #48 of 51

Quote:

Thanks. I think I might just go for an amp at this point because I don't have one and use my Rockboxed Iriver H120 as a source when I want equalized sound. I will probably try to find an equalizer used in the meantime.  

So you have no amp for the DT-880 (250) in your sig??  yes, get an amp for those babies!

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #49 of 51
I can get a deal on a Rane M30. Is that a good one? As for he balanced DT880s, I run them straight out of my balanced DAC when I want to listen to them and control the volume with my H120's preamp. I would love an amp though, and am going to get one at some point.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #51 of 51
Thanks for all the help, GreatDane. The Rane is mono unfortunately. I am probably just going to get a good amp and snatch up an equalizer when a good deal comes up. Now I know what to look for. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back