Equalizer
Jul 15, 2005 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DaHoboFest

Banned
Equalizer

ok, so how does it work--> it's all in proportion right?

so lets say you have 3 switches

Bass- 12

Mids- 2

Highs- 3

if you wanted more bass, wouldn't you just use these settings?

Bass- 12

Mids- -12

Highs- -11

Also, can anyone with a zen touch or anything that has a 4 slider eq, show me a bass boosting eq for my Grado Sr60.

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 7
Just play around with it until it sounds the way you want, usually turning everything up doesn't sound very well, it tends to make parts that should be subtle loud etc, also you can't be sure that assuming you have a perfectly flat frequency response from the beginning that turning all three way up will leave you with a flat response.
My guess is that it will now look more like three wave peaks, amplitude increasing with higher eqsettings. So if you just want to boost the bass a bit just adjust the bass a little and leave the others, if you think the bass is ok but the others are to high in proportion ( you have problems with sibliance etc ) adjust the others down a bit.

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
Bass- 12

Mids- -12

Highs- -11

If I used a setting like that, the music might sound horrible IMO, unless all I wanted to hear was bass. If I was looking for a bass boost on a three-band, I'd do something like

Bass: 0
Mids: -3
Highs: -3

But whatever sounds good sounds good.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 7
A three band equalizer is basically tone controls. You just set them where they sound good to you.

If you have a full 31 band equalizer, you can go in slice by slice and determine if there are spikes and dips in the frequency response.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back