Equalizer Guide?
Dec 13, 2004 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AboveBeyond

Head-Fier
Can anyone explain or rerfer a site that shows how the graphic equalizer work? I see them all over the place but never bothered to find out how to tweak it myself. I would like to learn how to customize the EQ to my liking. WinAmp for example has presets for different music genres but I've always find that they don't sound a bit different then the way I want.

EQ.JPG

Thanks for the help!

280smile.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, the frequencies starting at about 0-300Hz could be considered bass, from 300-10KHz is the mid range and higher than 10KHz would be treble range.

These are just rough estimates though, so it isn't 100% correct, but it does come down to what I said
smily_headphones1.gif

Where did you get that equalizer from?
It looks nicer than the default one from Winamp, you can lower a range -20dB (Default only -12dB) and I might want to use that for my hiss problem (See my thread
frown.gif
)

Dec 13, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 8
That's foobar's EQ.

Dec 13, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Um, actually, the midrange doesn't extend nearly to 10khz. More like to about 3 khz. And I would consider bass below 80 hz. Just as a reference point, the highest key on a piano sounds a note 4186 hz in frequency. The lowest note is 27 hz in frequency. Most 2 way speakers cross the drivers over between 2 and 3 khz. My Missions cross over at 2.6 khz, that means the tweeter handles all notes above 2.6 khz, and none of those are below the very high midrange.

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 8
just experiment with, just go with what yours ears are telling you.

That`s the best way to use an EQ imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back