Equalizer APO Basic Config Questions
Mar 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JdeFalconr

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to start using Equalizer APO but I'm having some difficulty with loading and applying configurations. The documentation is, unfortunately, quite lacking and I'm not seeing my questions answered anywhere else.

1. How do multiple config files work? For instance if I have these two files loaded are both applied to my computer by Equalizer APO simultaneously or will only one be active at a time? If only one then which one is active when I close the Configuration Editor application?
1648091090202.png

2. I want to apply different settings to different devices on my computer. I understand you can do that with the Select Device control. As I understand it all of the settings underneath that control are applied only to the device specified by the control. Is that accurate?

3. Assuming my understanding is correct in the second question above. Let's say I have this specified in one configuration file:

Position 1: Device Select control ("Output Device A" selected) Position 2: Some EQ settings Position 3: Some filter settings Position 4: Device Select control ("Input Device A" selected) Position 5: Some EQ settings Position 6: Some filter settings

With the above example would the settings in positions 2 & 3 apply to the device specified in Position 4? Or would the Device Select in position #4 mean they do not?

4. What in the world is the "Device" and "Channel configuration" drop-down in the upper-right? Does it control the device the settings are being applied to? Does it control which device Equalizer APO is using to preview output? Does it let me choose which device the NSA is receiving telemetry from at that moment? What? Altering that drop-down doesn't seem to have any effect.
1648091553439.png

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Answering each question:

1. APO automatically loads in config.txt, so you have to use an Include function to activate another file with its own settings.
1648162464368.png

2. That is accurate, the settings underneath it are the ones affected, EqualizerAPO works in a top-to-bottom workflow.
3. Afaik, the device selection in position 4 would be they do not.
4. Device configuration afaik alters which default device the EQ settings are changing, but this is overridden by a device function. I honestly don't fully know the answer to this question, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you! Finally a way to switch between configs without renaming to "config.txt".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back